Sunday, May 20, 2007

They don't have what?

I haven't flown on United Airlines in quite some time but evidently, I must have been missing something. I didn't know that the airlines offered leather seats, well, maybe they do in first class somewhere but not in the economy class I am usually crammed into.

How did I find out that I have been shorted on leather seats? Britney Spears told me, not personally, but the news reports about her did. According to the reports, Spears demanded to get off her schedualed May 18th flight from LA to Miami just minutes before it was due to take off because that plane didn't have leather seats.

I have spent many a flight stuffed in economy class, hoping that they didn't run out of peanuts before they got to my row, trying to remember which overhead bin I had left my bags in and hoping that I did not get the middle seat. That seat where I am stuck between two large people, in back of the screaming baby and a couple of rows from the guy who must have had beanies & weenies for lunch. Now I find out that I could have been booking on a flight that had leather seats after all this time.

There must be plenty of people going to sleep tonight, wishing that their only worry was a lack of leather on the airplane, instead of where they will sleep tomorrow, will their job still be there in the morning or how they will afford medication and food this week. I'm sorry Britney, you delayed the flight for everyone else on that plane like a spoiled brat, people who knew there would be no leather seats to be found there.

No comments: