Saturday, November 10, 2007

Whew, that cuts the grocery bill

In January 2007, residents and hunters in Ringwood NJ were warned to limit their consumption of wild game in their vicinity. The Evironmental Protection Agency had reported that they had found lead in one dead animal that came from the area near a toxic waste dump.

They now have issued a new statement that says that the lead that was found, was a false alarm. They believe that the samples they tested were defective and the lead that was found in the dead squirrel had come from a part in the blender.

The announcement comes as good news for the members of the Ramapough Mountain Indian Tribe and others who enjoy squirrel meat and as very bad news for the area squirrels.

I will have to recheck the menu at any of my New Jersey friend's homes next time I visit....... the chicken may not be chicken.

No comments: