Saturday, July 7, 2007

That price is an avalanche

Tuesday, June 26, one "shopper" at a Monroe LA Wal-Mart found that the slogan of falling prices didn't include his version of it. Chandon L Simms,23, told the arresting officers that he had planned to return a 42-inch Sanyo Plasma TV he had purchased at a West Monroe Wal-Mart after finding one cheaper here.

I can understand why he would want to do that....... the original price of the TV was $984 and the one Chandon had just purchased through the self-checkout aisle was tagged for only $4.88. Unfortunately for him, Wal-Mart Loss Prevention officers had witnessed Chandon switching the original tag for one that read $4.88 and went through the self-check. When store officers stopped him at the door, he did produce a receipt for a television purchased earlier at the West Monroe Wal-Mart.

He was arrested and booked into the Ouachita Correctioal Center. Not only was he spotted by officers switching the tags but how did he think anyone would believe he had gotten a bargain most would trample whole crowds to get? I don't think $4.88 would get me a lobster at Wal-Mart, let alone a Plasma TV.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I wish I could say I was surprised, but I worked in Loss Prevention at Circuit City for two years ('99-'00) if you only knew some of the stories... this man was actually pretty smart!