Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Holy smokes

Monday, a German man learned that mixing his drinks could lead to more than a hangover. The 56 year-old man grabbed the wrong bottle and realized immediately that he hadn't grabbed his favorite drink.

He evidently had grabbed a bottle of gasoline and taken a swig of it, which he then spat out. The gas hit a lit cigarette and started a fire that lit up his apartment according to authorities. Police haven't released the name of the Gross Godems man but they did state that he was being treated for serious burns.

It certainly seems that drinking doesn't mix with many activites well and he will have the reminders of not carefully checking what he was drinking. I do have to wonder though, why would you have gas stored in a similar bottle to your favorite drink?

No comments: