Monday, September 17, 2007

What are they thinking?

It seems that on Monday, September 10 2007, Larry Charles, 50, decided to finally think a bit correctly. He pleaded no contest to the charges he faced in Philadelphia PA, the day his trial was to begin.

His plea proved several things........ he is more than a "sick" man and that somehow, he chose to do the "right thing" in not forcing six girls to testify against him. Authorities stated that a sheriff's deputy was making his rounds in the courthouse Jan 15 2007 and looked into the lawyer's lounge. It was then, that he saw Charles, who often worked in the courthouse as a criminal defense attorney, with a naked, 14 year-old girl.

Charles was arrested and charged with rape and related offenses in that case. After his arrest though, five other girls came forward to state that he had assaulted them as well. Some of the girls said that they had been assaulted multiple times over several years. The girls, who were ages 5 to 10 years-old at the time of the attacks, are now ages 11 to 17 years-old. They testified the encounters occurred in Charles's office, in motels, in the lounge, the court anteroom and on the street while trick-or-treating.

In those cases, Charles was charged with multiple counts of rape, sexual assault, corruption of a minor and other charges. He entered a no contest plea to all the charges and his bail was revoked and he was sent to prison pending his sentencing on December 20. The prosecution plans to recommend a sentence of 25 to 50 years in jail.

Not only is he a sick man for assaulting several children, he seemed to not even think of where the assaults were occurring..... the courthouse is a good place for that?

At approximately 11 am, Monday September 10 2007, a groundskeeper from the Fairlane Green shopping center in Allen Park MI, discovered a man's body in a nearby wooded area. The 41 year-old local man evidently had been dead for two days before he was discovered.

"I can't even tell you how long it must have taken him to construct. This man obviously was very determined to end his life," stated Allen Park Deputy Police Chief Dale Covert.

Covert stated that they found a roughly six-foot tall guillotine bolted to a tree that had a swing arm. He added that the man had to have made several trips carrying the wood and metal parts to construct it. They found several store receipts for the materials but didn't find a suicide note with him.

Not only was he very determined it seems but for some reason, he chose to construct this outdoors and not within his own residence that was within walking distance from the woods.

No comments: